Saturday, May 19, 2012

Arriving into the arms of a Kurdish man

May 19.  Landed in Istanbul a few minutes ago.  Nervous. Scared.  What will he think?  What will I think of the man that I am in love with?  Will we hate one another?  OMG!!!

Made it through customs.  Got the cat and my luggage.  Sitting here now wondering why I am still waiting. I should be going through those doors.  I should be going to see this man.  Will I know him when I see him?  
I am sure that I will know him.  I have seen him almost every day for the last 5 months. 
I am here now and there is no going back. 
It's now or never.  And just like that I hear on the loudspeaker the airport people calling my name... "Kimberly Haislip please meet your party at the meeting point 1".  

He wants me to come through those doors.  But I am not ready.  Again, nervous. I think I will wait a few more minutes. Go freshen up the makeup and straighten the clothes, not that it matters when you are as big as a house and you are feeling like you are the most gigantic person here. OMG.. that is what he is going to think.  

Can I get a ticket out of here?  I want to go back.  This was a huge mistake. I dont belong here. What have I done???

Again, the loudspeaker.  Calling my name.. It's like a beckoning death call. Calling me to my emotional death. A mirror showing me the falling pieces of my heart when he sees me for the first time and is completely and utterly disgusted by me.  

Someone get me out of here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment